Muse is a personal meditation assistant that can help take your meditation practice to new heights.
WHY MEDITATE WITH MUSE?
Muse is designed to help novices learn to meditate and form the habit of a regular and rewarding practice. You get accurate, real-time feedback on what’s happening in your brain while you meditate. It teaches you the essentials of meditation and provides milestones and rewards which motivate you to commit to a daily meditation practice.
Science has shown us that meditation leads to clearly visible changes in the brain. Muse lets you experience those benefits with none of the uncertainty associated with traditional meditation practices.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MEDITATION WITH MUSE?
- Meditation has been extensively validated by leading neuroscientists for improving brain health
- Meditation is as effective as anti-depressant medication like SSRIs in treating depression
- Meditation is the most effective treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder and is widely deployed with veterans and in psychology practice
- Meditation literally changes the structure of the brain, and the brains of meditators are anatomically 7.5 years younger than non-meditators at ~50 years old
- Muse solves the common problem of adherence to practice by making meditation easy
- In independent validation by the Rotman Brain Research Institute in Toronto, cognitive neuroscientists led by Prof. Randy McIntosh demonstrated with Muse that neurofeedback learning commences within the first minute of training. This effect was new, and has been published in the journal PLOS One
- In a study at the University of Toronto, Prof. Norman Farb demonstrated that using Muse for 6 weeks results in an increase in reaction time in a distractor task as well as a reduction in reports of somatic symptoms among healthy adults
- Muse is the first platform to leverage big data in neuroscience for the benefit of consumers, and researchers from McMaster University identified new insights into brain biomarkers of aging with the help of participants in the Muse research program
I MEDITATE ALREADY, HOW CAN MUSE HELP?
Whether you are an occasional meditator or someone with no trouble keeping up the habit, you know more than most how important it is to keep engaged with your practice. Muse offers you a glimpse into your brain's activity while you meditate and offers a completely different way of engaging with your practice as you explore how your brain responds to each session.
As an experienced meditator, you might find that certain aspects of the real-time feedback geared toward beginners are more of a distraction than a support. By tapping the volume icon in the corner of the screen, you can adjust the volume of each feedback element and find the levels that work for you. Even if you were to turn the real-time feedback completely off, you'll still gather an immense amount of insight and motivation when you review your brain data after each session.