Your Muse is a sensitive device and should be treated with care.
- Do not get Muse wet or submerge it in water or other liquids.
- Do not expose the headband to extremely high or extremely low temperatures.
- Note that prolonged exposure to sunlight may cause discoloration of some parts.
- Protect your Muse from sunlight when not in use.
- Do not open, disassemble, or attempt repair of your Muse.
- Avoid dropping Muse, and protect it from sudden impact.
- Muse is flexible, but should be protected against extreme bending to prevent damage.
- If you are a regular user, cleaning your Muse headband can also help. From time to time, use a small amount of rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab, and gently rub the forehead band sensors, and silicone earpieces. Make sure not to use too much, just dab the cotton swab and lightly rub the entire surface of your Muse headband. You can wipe the plastic casing and the rest of your headband down with a lightly damp cloth. Mild tarnishing of the silver electrodes is expected and does not impact performance. Please see the following video tutorial for more information: "Cleaning your Muse headband"